Sunday 9 March 2014

The best 'job' in the world


Mornings are one of my favourite times of the day. My little one wakes up super early these days and we snuggle on the sofa and watch cartoons. He presses his little cheek into mine and I just love the feeling of being so close to the most amazing little man who is my son

                                   

My beautiful boy turns 3 this September. School is looming and I am grasping at this little time we have together when he is so small. He is growing into such a gorgeous, caring, loving and polite little boy but sometimes I just want time to s t o p. I want to shout stay two and a half forever because it is just the sweetest age. 

My fulltime 'job' is being his mummy. Although it's not really a job ... it's a wonderful experience, and it's the most important thing I'll ever do in my life. It's something you think about all day, and something that never leaves you. It's not something you leave behind at 5pm, it's something that is constant, something that needs your full attention at 3am or when you are in the middle of showering or cooking. 

For me, it's bigger than any profession could be for me. I had a stable job for 7 years before I became pregnant with what my man and me call our 'miracle' baby. I had always wanted to be a stay at home mummy and I'm so glad that I can do that right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment