Thursday 27 February 2014

Recording Memories - Project Life



For Christmas, I received a Project Life scrapbook kit from my mum -- it was something I'd wanted for a while, and I was so excited to use it! I take pictures of my family and everyday life all the time and even when I get them all printed off, I just didn't have the time to actually get out all my scrapbook supplies and make pretty pages just using a couple of photos. Fast forward two years and I had sooooooo many photos [chronicling life from when Evan was born in 2011!] and a horrible overwhelming feeling that I wanted to display them and my memories but didn't know how or even have the time to do what I wanted. 

I spotted Becky Higgins' Project Life at my local Hobbycraft store and was so happy when I got the 12 x 12 inch binder, pocket protectors and Jade core kit for Christmas. The basics of Project Life are easy: get a 12x12 binder and the plastic wallets and a core kit of card inserts [you can also find amazing free printable cards for every occasion all over Pinterest!] and a stack of your favourite photographs. It's super quick and easy and in the matter of a month, I've managed to log all my important pictures from when Evan was born in 2011 right up to his 2nd birthday in September 2013! All I have to do now is get some more photos printed and I am up to date!

It's so quick and easy and whenever I have a spare few minutes to whip out my photos and cards and binder. No cutting up scrapbook papers or embellishing etc [although you can add all of those elements to your albums] just slotting in your photos and some cards and writing down your memories!








How do you like to record your memories and store or display your photos? Do you scrapbook or journal or use photo albums? Or are you a Project Life convert like me? 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, managed to pop over for a look at your new blog :) I have heard of project life before (my friend blogs about it at http://alessiaismore.blogspot.co.uk) and it looks great!! A really lovely way to scrapbook without the mess lol!! My problem is I'm rubbish at printing out the photos!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for popping over for a look :) Glad it looks ok! It's a work in progress for sure!
      I used to be rubbish at getting them printed too! In fact I had photos right from when Evan was born in September 2011 on my computer. But then I started looking around online at all the photo deals and there is loads around where you can register and upload your photos and get 50 or more free. I registered with Aldi photos and when you register you get a code emailed to you and you get 100 free prints. All I ended up paying was £1.90 for delivery :) x

      Delete